There’s a misconception about content marketing.
That content marketing is a new concept. Maybe it’s a trend. That maybe it’s not for you.
Whilst the proliferation of terms such as ‘Content is King’
Not right for your business? We disagree.
It may not always be the right time, financially or from a time investment point of view. We truly believe, however, that there is no business that cannot benefit greatly from content marketing.
On this page, we’ll answer the question: “Why should I do content marketing?”
Demonstrates You Can Provide Value
In order for people to buy from you, they need to trust you. Providing quality solutions to their problems via your content, demonstrates that you are capable of providing value to them.
This puts you in a great position to earn your prospect’s trust.
Increases Organic Traffic
Google has made it crystal clear. They will rank pages higher that are most helpful to the user’s search query. High quality, unique, consistent content is the #1 way of being helpful to a user, and the best way to receive back links to your site.
We are wired, at the core, to give back to those who help us. By providing valuable content to your audience, you trigger the ingrained human instinct to return the favor. In this case, choosing to do business with you.
You’re Building Valuable Assets
And they keep on giving. When you stop paying for ads, the leads stop coming. Content (done properly) lives forever, and every additional piece you produce compounds on what you’ve produced in the past.
Ad Blockers Are Here to Stay
In 2017, 86 million people will be using ad blockers. It’s becoming less and less viable to rely on advertising, when the market has clearly spoken. They hate ads and don’t want to see them any more. They do, however, like content. Let’s do more of that.
Grows Your Email List
When done correctly, content opens multiple avenues for people to subscribe to your email list for additional and bonus content. From there you have the opportunity to nurture them as leads, and ultimately convert them to customers.
Conversion Rate Increases
Conversion rates are nearly 6x higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters.
That’s 6x more leads or sales, and potentially 6x your revenue.
6x your revenue, assuming you generate no additional traffic, which you almost certainly will.
Content Marketing Statistics
- 90% of businesses do content marketing, 62% of those outsource it. -Our Social Times
- Marketers who have prioritized blogging are 13x more likely to enjoy a positive return on investment. –HubSpot
- Companies who blog receive 97% more links to their website. -HubSpot
- Content production is the biggest challenge for 44% of marketers. -LookBookHQ
- 82% of marketers who blog see positive ROI from their inbound marketing. -HubSpot
- Conversion rates are nearly 6x higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters. –Aberdeen
- 73% of organizations have someone in place to oversee their content strategy. –CMI
- In 2017, 86.6 million people in the US alone will be using ad blockers. –eMarketer
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. -DemandMetric
- 78% of CMOs believe custom content is the future of marketing. -DemandMetric
- 78% of people of people perceive a relationship between themselves and a company creating custom content. -DemandMetric